new server prob

tbarlow

Oct 9, 2012
Hello

I hope someone can help me here I Have just upgraded to a new server for my Proxmox I have updata both the hardware and the ver of proxmox I went from

Proxmox 2.0
Doul Core 5000
with 8 gigs DDR2 mem

to

Proxmox 2.1
QuadCore 965
with 8gigs DDR3 for now soon to be 12

anyway when I first started the Images on the new server I got this error

Could not access KVM kernel module: No such file or directory
failed to initialize KVM: No such file or directory
No accelerator found!
TASK ERROR: start failed: command '/usr/bin/kvm -id 108 -chardev 'socket,id=monitor,path=/var/run/qemu-server/108.mon,server,nowait' -mon 'chardev=monitor,mode=readline' -vnc unix:/var/run/qemu-server/108.vnc,x509,password -pidfile /var/run/qemu-server/108.pid -daemonize -usbdevice tablet -name cServer-uBuntu -smp 'sockets=1,cores=1' -nodefaults -boot 'menu=on' -vga cirrus -k en-us -drive 'if=none,id=drive-ide2,media=cdrom,aio=native' -device 'ide-cd,bus=ide.1,unit=0,drive=drive-ide2,id=ide2,bootindex=200' -drive 'file=/mnt/sdb1/vz/images/108/vm-108-disk-1.vmdk,if=none,id=drive-ide0,aio=native' -device 'ide-hd,bus=ide.0,unit=0,drive=drive-ide0,id=ide0,bootindex=100' -m 2048 -netdev 'type=tap,id=net0,ifname=tap108i0,script=/var/lib/qemu-server/pve-bridge' -device 'rtl8139,mac=6A:09:29:42:D1:7D,netdev=net0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x12,id=net0,bootindex=300' -cpuunits 1000' failed: exit code 1

--------

I had to go in and disable KVM Hardware Virtualization and now I got the images to load but there really slower a slower then they where by a long ways and on my uBuntu Server the log in is really grainie and discolored it works but looks really bad and the other servers like I said are really slow :( how can I fix this any help would be very greatful U would think upgreading would be easy NOT :) thanks

tbarlow

Most likely HW Virtualization support is disabled in the BIOS. Enable it, the power-cycle the host.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!