New Proxmox install won't restore old Proxmox backups?

eiger3970

Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
after a couple of other Proxmox forum support threads to fix an old Proxmox's VMs which can't be accessed, I've installed a new HDD and Proxmox 3.0.

I am now unable to restore the old Proxmox backups?
I tried placing old raw image from old Proxmox into new Proxmox folder /var/lib/vz/images and so new Proxmox will run old Proxmox raw files.

I used Create VM first, then transferred old Proxmox .raw file into new Proxmox's empty VM's folder. Can't place old .raw file in 102 as new VM102 creates its own .raw file.

I tried to restore old backup into new VM 102's .raw file. Moved old backup to /var/backups, but Proxmox GUI has no backup file to be restored.

I tried command line restore vzrestore vzdump-openvz-123.tar 102 and error: config file already exists.

I thought about maybe the need to put iso into var/lib/vz/template/iso and hope backup VoIP and web server will run on iso image?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!