New Node 7.3 not seeing VM hosts. Sees all storage.

RobGranger

Feb 14, 2022
I had my primary node fail. I removed it from the cluster. built new 7.3-3 node and joined it to the old cluster.
It sees all the storage but none of the VMs. What is odd, this is the 2nd time I installed this node.. is that I can move the vm.conf from one node manually and it will run but not be visible
mv /etc/pve/node/proxmox2/qemu-server/vm.conf to /etc/pve/node/proxmox1/qemu-server/vm.conf and start the vm.
The GUI shows that there are no VM

What is odd is that the secondary node proxmox2 can see the VM running on proxmox1...

root@proxmox1:/etc/pve/qemu-server# qm list
VMID NAME STATUS MEM(MB) BOOTDISK(GB) PID
100 testppbb running 6144 60.00 7859

root@proxmox2:/etc/pve# qm list
VMID NAME STATUS MEM(MB) BOOTDISK(GB) PID
101 ppbb stopped 6144 60.00 0
102 Graylog stopped 8192 150.00 0
103 VM 103 stopped 128 0.00 0
104 callmgr3 stopped 6144 100.00 0

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Rob, completely lost old guy,
Thanks in advance.

** Well, Sorry, I am an idiot, wrong server view. I tried to delete this, but am unable. Admins if you can, Please delete.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!