New connection has been rejected with reason: Authentication failed.

chaybird2019

Oct 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have three nodes setup in my environment. When I attempt to access a VM on another node, I am prompt with New connection has been rejected with reason: Authentication failed. I don't encounter this issue when accessing VM from another node. This problem appears to be on one node.

I checked my auth.log on the problematic machine. Please see below.
Received disconnect from 10.10.10.10 port 56934:11. - disconnected by user
Disconnected from 10.10.10..10

Has anyone encounter this issue? I can still remote to my VMs, but I can't access them from one of my nodes.

Please disregard. I resolved this issue by recreating the ssh host_ecdsa files. It appears I was missing or few or recreated the wrong ones. I compared my pub/private keys to another existing system to verify my files were correct. After recreating the correct files, I restarted the ssh service.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!