Networking issue

L

lflacayo

Good Day every one,

I am hoping someone can help me here. I had a two node cluster of proxmox 1.9 running with 12 to 15 vms, and I had no problem. Connection between the vm's in and out was great. I upgraded the two servers to 2.0 and now when I try to connect to any of the vm's it take about a 30 to 35 seconds to get a ssh login response, once the connection is mad, then there is no problem. If I try to connect from outside of my network, the connection times out. The only change I made on the configuration was to change the roles, what once was the cluster master in now the slave and the other way around.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks,

Luis

Check, did you have fqdn hostname in /etc/hosts file with correct ip.

I do, I also have an internal DNS with the correct IP's. Since Ido not have the luxury of having a having spare HW, I sued the same two servers as the PVE 1.9. I dumped all the VM's put them in a safe place and rebuilt the PVE Cluster and did a restore of all the VM's.

Outside of the role of the machines (and the upgrade) nothing should have changed. If the IP was 10.10.10.61 before the upgrade the ip still the same after.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Luis
:confused:

I don't think it is because it also happens when I use IPs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!