Networkcard IPMI only

orak

Nov 16, 2017
Hello, I'm using proxmox around 7 years, but I'm not experienced because some new servers are not so often for us.
Today I've installed two server and run into problems with network configuration. Problem with Broadcom chip, I have to restart the networking after booting.
This problem seems to be solved but in this environment I notice in the configuration interface and on the command line, that I have three Interfaces and one bridge:
1726755925031.png

The enxbe3... seems to be the IPMI interface, and I have tried to use it while I am installing the system. This does not work.
So the question: Is it possible to use such an Interface for the management of proxmox, the board is supermiro H12SSL-NT

Thanks
Karsten

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!