Network traffic Graph

inno-forum

Oct 28, 2021
By the Host in Summary I see "Network traffic" which network card is this?
The card with which the Host can be reached?
We have other network cards, can we show the other Graph? (Storage, Cluster)

Thanks

Reactions: TheRealMaN_
It is cumulative over all network interfaces.

Using a dedicated monitoring solution can give you a much more detailed view of your hosts. Keep in mind that Proxmox VE is based on Debian. Monitoring agents for Debian should work fine. I personally use Zabbix. Some people swear by CheckMK, others by … :)

Reactions: inno-forum

Using a dedicated monitoring solution can give you a much more detailed view of your hosts. Keep in mind that Proxmox VE is based on Debian. Monitoring agents for Debian should work fine. I personally use Zabbix. Some people swear by CheckMK, others by … :)
Thank you.
However, it would be very useful to have the individual graphs of the Interfaces (NIC, Bond). So that the user can choose which one he wants to display.
Is something like that planned?

Reactions: TheRealMaN_

how do you use zabbix to monitor pve ?
I'd found a template for pve, and monitoring with it, but this still have only one network overall, and than network for each vm.
I have set up a vmbr0 and vmbr1, I'm hoping to monitor both separately. Do you use zabbix agent for linux?

The Proxmox Plugin from Zabbix is nice to get stats for the guest and so on. For the host itself, the Linux host template for the agent (installed on Proxmox VE) works well.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!