Network issue

nbx87

Oct 22, 2019
Hi ,
I have a issue if someone can help with .
I have 4 nodes cluster connected between eth0/vmbr0 192.168.100.1/24 assigned manually on a separate switch (no VLAN)
I have a class of external ip's which I would like to assign to vm's using eth1/vmbr1 45.x.x.x/28 ,separate switch (no VLAN) connected straight to internet provider I tried to use different tutorials to get this done but no success . Can someone help ?

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp3s0f0 inet manual

iface enp3s0f1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.100.102/24
gateway 192.168.100.1
bridge-ports enp3s0f0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

but for vmbr1 I§m struggle to get configured

Thank you

Hi,

this depends on how the external IP is configured and how your provider handles this.
PVE will forward every IP you set in the VM to the next switch.

vmbr0/slave nic1 internal ip from PFsense server(external)
i have another nic free, ex nic2 which is connected straight to internet switch and i have 16 ip`s ex. 45.xx.xx.xx . I would like to create a vm and connect via vmbr1/nic2 but to have a external IP from my class 45.xx.xx.xx

ISP provider allow to get out to a single mac address and no other restrictions

i tried : vmbr1/slave nic2 with no ip and allocate ip from VM , but not working

Thank you

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!