Network configuration problem with proxmox 2.1

F

fastnix

I installed proxmox it works ok i can connect to the box.

image.png

eth0 is for my panel ip to configure all the system and nodes.
eth1 is for my Virtual container and needs to be real Ip not local like 192.168.1.x and is connected to another ISP.

First i tried to make like this:
image.png

ok nothing happens Pinging 80.0.0.0 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Then i tried to make another bridge:
image.png

Then i went to ssh connected to my box and configured /etc/network/interfaces added gateway to vmbr1 gateway 80.0.0.1 and rebooted the machine.

Now i see 2 different gateways but eth1 is not working.

image.png

What i am doing wrong?

Just like linux - only one default route. If you want to use the route for your 2nd nic, you need to create custom routes to route public traffic over it. Bonding also need to be careful if your ports are not bonded on switch side, you will get packet loss

Ok but if i add only one gateway then i cant add any other ip.

Bonding also need to be careful if your ports are not bonded on switch side, you will get packet loss. Man i don't have any switches i have 2 difrent networks that are in 2 different places.

Please can you stop sending test posts, and stop sending duplicates. This forum is moderated, so it sometimes takes
a few hours.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!