Need some help Noob, Issue with LVMs not being found. Disks inactive

viperbmw69

Oct 9, 2024
I have an issue with the server not seeing the LVMs on the two inactive drives. I have made no changes to those drives, But I did add some different HDD drives. I have looked on the Forum but I am not finding anything that matches my issue.

Code:
  root@prox:~# pvesm status
  Command failed with status code 5.
command '/sbin/vgscan --ignorelockingfailure --mknodes' failed: exit code 5
no such logical volume PrimaryRaid0-Thin/PrimaryRaid0-Thin
Name                     Type     Status           Total            Used       Available        %
LargeHDD-6                lvm     active      3907014656               0      3907014656    0.00%
LargeHDD-7                lvm     active      3907014656               0      3907014656    0.00%
PrimaryRaid0              lvm   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%
PrimaryRaid0-Thin     lvmthin   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%
SecondaryRaid0            lvm   inactive               0               0               0    0.00%
local                     dir     active        98497780         7286836        86161396    7.40%
local-lvm             lvmthin     active       832356352       220824140       611532211   26.53%

root@prox:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content backup,vztmpl,iso

lvmthin: local-lvm
        thinpool data
        vgname pve
        content rootdir,images

lvm: SecondaryRaid0
        vgname SecondaryRaid0
        content images,rootdir
        nodes prox
        shared 0

lvm: PrimaryRaid0
        vgname PrimaryRaid0
        content images,rootdir
        nodes prox
        shared 0

lvmthin: PrimaryRaid0-Thin
        thinpool PrimaryRaid0-Thin
        vgname PrimaryRaid0-Thin
        content rootdir,images
        nodes prox

lvm: LargeHDD-6
        vgname LargeHDD-6
        content rootdir,images
        nodes prox
        shared 0

lvm: LargeHDD-7
        vgname LargeHDD-7
        content rootdir,images
        nodes prox
        shared 0

Hi @viperbmw69 , welcome to the forum.

This is not a Proxmox issue, but generic Linux/LVM management query. The terms to search for: lvm volume active
i.e. https://docs.redhat.com/en/document...tion-configuring-and-managing-logical-volumes

You should use direct LVM commands to examine and understand your environment:
lsblk
pvs
vgs
lvs
pvdisplay [options]
vgdisplay [options]
etc

Good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!