Need Help with Slow Transfer Speeds to external HDD via TurnkeyFS File Share

StickyBandit

Jun 23, 2022
Hi all, I'll start by saying I'm new to all of the Proxmox stuff.

I installed proxmox on a NUC to set up a plex server container and a TurnkeyFS container. I have a 10TB external HDD connected via USB3 to the NUC and its mounted in Proxmox.

I use TurnkeyFS to make the external HDD available on my network so that i can transfer videos from my main PC over to the hard drive to load into plex. The issue is my transfer speeds to the hard drive are abysmal, averaging at like 8Mb per second. This means that a single 4k movie takes like 2 hours to transfer. I've tried transferring the files via windows explorer, powershell, and robocopy but all are equally as slow.

I don't know where to start when looking for settings or issues that might affect transfer speeds to the hard drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if there is any other info that would be helpful for me to provide just let me know. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!