Need help with setting up my HDD

arsxl

Jul 6, 2024
So I've installed Proxmox on my SSD which is 240G, I also have a 3TB HDD which is recognized but it's not setup, and I'm not sure how to set it up in a way where I can use it for storing VMs and pretty much everything as my main SSD

Screenshot 2024-07-06 173157.png

Hi,

first, you need to initialize the disk with a partition table - this can be conveniently done using the Initialize Disk with GPT button above. Just make sure you selected the correct one!

Next, you need to create some kind of storage. While Proxmox VE supports a lot of different types, seeing as you only got one HDD, you most probably should create a LVM thin pool.
This can be done by clicking on Disks > LVM thin in the sidebar and then Create: Thinpool at the top.

Hope this helps :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!