Move to Junk/Spam folder based on Spam score

anudeep

May 31, 2022
HI All,

I was trying to create a rule in PMG in which would like to send email to spam/junk folder based upon their spam score.

Please help me to create this rule

what do you mean spam/junk folder? in the mail client? that would be a configuration of your server that handles the mailboxes (or the mail client itself), not pmg.
if you mean the spam quarantine, just create a rule with a what object that has the desired spamscore and a 'quarantine' action

Find the header your destination mailserver/client uses to identify spam prior to moving it to a junk mail folder.
In PMG create/modify existing rule to add that header at the desired spam level.
I changed the existing quarantine rule to trigger at spam level 5 and used another rule to add the necessary header at spam level 3.
In my case, the downstream mail server looks for 'X-Spam-Status: Yes'. So that's the header my rule inserts:
Code:
Action: Header attribute, field: X-Spam-Status, Value: Yes
What: Spam Filter Level 3
If you wish to continuie using quarantine for higher spam scores, as I do, ensure that rule has the higher priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Thank you very much keeka and dcsapak. The issue has been fixed. I have created the rules and mails with spam score 3 are landing into junk

@dcsapak I have few questions, can you please answer those ?

How to create a custom rules using GUI ?
I have created a custom rule for testing if "subject: test" then increase the spam score to 2 and land emails in junk mail. But i have created this rule in /etc/mail/spamassian/custom.cf then it has worked fine

header LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT Subject =~ /\btest\b/i
score LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT 5

Is there any possible to create custom rules from GUI ?

Example:- We want to block display spoofing emails from spammmers

What additional support do you provide for commercial subscription ? Please share the complete details

How to create a custom rules using GUI ?
I have created a custom rule for testing if "subject: test" then increase the spam score to 2 and land emails in junk mail. But i have created this rule in /etc/mail/spamassian/custom.cf then it has worked fine

header LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT Subject =~ /\btest\b/i
score LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT 5

Is there any possible to create custom rules from GUI ?
no that's currently not possible, and in most cases it's not necessary

What additional support do you provide for commercial subscription ? Please share the complete details
you can find all of our offerings for pmg here: https://proxmox.com/en/proxmox-mail-gateway/pricing
interesting is also the subscription agreement: https://proxmox.com/en/downloads/item/proxmox-mail-gateway-subscription-agreement

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!