Mounting HDD to share between LXC containers and VM.

iwiw1313

Sep 20, 2024
Personal Instance of Proxmox bare metal. I am planning on using LXC's to host Jellyfin and other software. I plan for them to share a HDD LVM. Being a novice to Linux and Proxmox, is there a way to use a filesystem for this LVM that's compatible with windows? I want to copy the media from the mounted HDD LVM to a seperate windows device. I am not sure if that can be reasonably managed through software that sends to a different computer or if I should plan on using a windows compatible filestorage and unmount the HDD back and forth.

Thanks for your help.

Hi!

The turnkey mediaserver lxc template might be useful. It comes with samba via webmin and jellyfish. I haven't tested it extensively, but it looks pretty promising. You could assign enough storage to a container running it and have filesystem issues abstracted away from you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!