mount nfs export /

p0nts

Mar 7, 2018
Dear all,

I am running a hdfs/hadoop cluster with a nfs gateway which is perfectly mountable through the OS by using the following settings in fstab:

10.0.16.2:/ /hdfs nfs rw,vers=3,proto=tcp,nolock,timeo=600 0 0

Tho as soon as I want to add this to proxmox proxmox does not allow me to do this due to / being the export, while the only export available is / so it is the only possible path I can provide.

nfs: hadoop
export /
path /mnt/pve/hadoop
server 10.0.16.2
content images
options vers=3

Gives the following error:

export: Invalid format - value does not look like a valid absolute path

So, what can I do to mount hdfs (over nfs) to proxmox?

I've also tried to add a directory storage after mounting the nfs filesystem through the OS, unfortuantly during installation the debian install is unable to find the proper drivers to install a disk and therefore I would like to mount nfs directly to see if that makes any difference.

Hi,

we have a parser the ensure that we get valid values.
In this case we assume that you have a export name and not start with root.
To solve this you have to give the export a name.

Thank you for your answer

Unfortunatly that is not possible as far as I know with hadoop/hdfs, is there anything else I can try?

I would use it as normal directory storage with shared option 1 and mount it on the nodes with fstab.
The benefit use different clients for this.

Yes that is exactly what I've tried to do but unfortunately something is going wrong because the disk image on the nfs mount will be 192kb big instead of 32GB and during installation it is looking for harddisk drivers.

Might have something to do with the permissions.

Have you tried the hdfs client?

I've checked but this can't work because you wont be able to mount the actual drive or something simular.

It allows you to store/retrieve through scripts which is not really supported by proxmox.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!