minisforum un100d not installing proxmox

jda13

Sep 13, 2024
I have a minisforum un100d, came with win11 installed. when I boot with to the USB with proxmox installer I get the main installer page and no matter which option i choose the installer started says building/loading the ramdisk then after a second or two, reboots and get back to the main install page.

I didn't notice at first but an error was flashing when GRUB comes up.

elcome to Grub!

error: no such device: /.disk/info.
error: no such device: /.disk/mini-info

I guessing these have something to do with the installer failing.

anyone have suggestions? I'm already asking minisforum for help, but haven't had the best of luck with their support so far.

Are you trying to install to the included SSD that has Windows 11 on it? Be aware that the Proxmox installation will overwrite that SSD completely. If you don't care for that Windows 11 install - go ahead. If not replace that SSD with another empty one.

I'm guessing you need to turn off Secure-Boot in the BIOS. (It is probably securing that Windows 11 install).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!