minimal loaded server radiating unexplainable heat by power supply

Rick van Leeuwen

May 18, 2021
Proxmox VE Cluster, latest, updated, upgraded. Swapped servers, swapped power supplies always same result. HP DL380 G7 cluster, 2 processors E5649. Calibrating to minimum power usage (BIOS settings) at post. Balanced use of power supplies. Other much better loaded nodes in the cluster (same config, same hardware) produce no heat at all.

Software in VM's : 1 Nextcloud (stack), ISPconfig (hosting), NFS (sound).

Screenshot from 2021-06-09 14-50-08.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-09 14-47-04.png

Are you sure the heat isn't coming from somewhere else in the system and just being vented by the power supply?

Otherwise, have any bulging capacitors on that motherboard?

Are you sure the heat isn't coming from somewhere else in the system and just being vented by the power supply?

Otherwise, have any bulging capacitors on that motherboard?

Tnx a lot for your answer.

Yes I am sure about that. The only thing different in this server is the fact this was node 001 in the Cluster setup. I am familiar with capacitor problems. So, also no, I don't see any capacitors bulging.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!