export /data/PVE-NFS
        options vers=3,soft
        content iso,vztmpl

dir: PVE-NFS
    path /PVE-NFS
    content backup,images,iso,rootdir,vztmpl,snippets
    is_mountpoint 1
    nodes gen8-pve,prodesk-pve

When I migrate a VM with HD in the NFS share, instead of disconnecting, moving the VM and reconnecting, the HD is copied. This takes much longer. As it's the same data, just accessed from a different host node, why do the copy? Shouldn't the target host confirm access to the file is okay, then the VM config moved to it?

Thanks for the table. I updated the storage.cfg and everything automagically happened on the other node in the cluster. The NFS storage didn't show up until the dir entry was added. If I have just the NFS block like this, it doesn't show up.

Code:
nfs: iso-templates
        path /PVE-NFS
        server 10.0.1.19
        export /data/PVE-NFS
        options vers=3,soft
        # content iso,vztmpl

it doesn't show up.
No idea, not with digging deeper and debugging NFS in itself.

But: path /PVE-NFS? My own storages got mounted at "path /mnt/pve/sharename", all of them. Automatically, by creating this connection via the WebGui.

So my recommendation is: remove it completely, reboot everything to get rid of still active artefacts and re-establish the connection from the official Gui. Perhaps you get some helpful messages this way. Unfortunaley https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage:_NFS is not very extensive.

Sorry, no magic wand available...

Thanks for the reply! That was the fix :D It needs to use /mnt/pve/ in the path. Tested with:

Code:
nfs: testing
        path /mnt/pve/testing
        server 10.0.1.19
        export /data/testing
        options vers=3,soft

Now with all HD on NFS, migration works super fast! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: UdoB

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!