Migration not working

kurdam

Sep 29, 2020
Hi, I have a curious problem this morning. Yesterday i went and chage some iscsi timeout in /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf
node.conn[0].timeo.login_timeout = 60 (previsously 15)

We have this configuration set on our VMWare clusters in order not to crash the VM il we have a light disconnect in our iscsi network.
What i did, is migrate all the VMs from the host, changed the config then rebooted the node.

This morning, i tried to migrate the machines back to their node. But unfortunately, the migration just hangs and doesn't progress.

I don't think it could be linked to my modifications, but i'm giving you the context. It's happening on all my nodes and i can't migrate anything (hot or cold)

This is what the migrate window is showing:

2021-03-11 10:23:14 use dedicated network address for sending migration traffic (10.10.1.4)
2021-03-11 10:23:14 starting migration of VM 506 to node 'pve' (10.10.1.4)
2021-03-11 10:23:54 ERROR: Failed to sync data - rbd error: interrupted by signal
2021-03-11 10:23:54 aborting phase 1 - cleanup resources
2021-03-11 10:23:54 ERROR: migration aborted (duration 00:00:40): Failed to sync data - rbd error: interrupted by signal
TASK ERROR: migration aborted

-The traffic is going on all the nodes on the network 10.10.1.0/24 (i did the pings to verify)
-I did some research before opening this thread and i saw some posts about HA on which i tried about everything.
-Some other posts talked about ticking or not the shared box on my storage. It didn't seems do change a damn thing either.

I'm starting to run out of ideas and i could use some help.

The only thing that looks out of place (but i'm not even sure is this):
Captureproxmox.PNG

My cluster is constituted of 4 nodes pve, pve1, pve2 and pve3. I'm having some trouble understanding why on the Datacenter -> HA tab pve2 is here twice and pve1 is on idle. All the nodes are on the latest version (i've just checked).

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I found what was going on. It looks like Ceph was interfiering with my migration, had to remove it all.

Would like to understand why though.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!