Migration CentOS to Debian

fragger

Apr 10, 2014
Hello,

we actually use SolusVM which running on a Node with CentOS 6.5 x64. On the Node we have 8 OpenVZ Container which we want to move, when i try the Migration, there is no Problem on this process but after the Migration is finished and we want to start the VM there are many Services which not comming up like PSA Firewall, Plesk Mail Server (in the Console you see there Status is "failed" and after "INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel" there are no access through the Console but via Putty we can access this VM). When i want to login in Plesk, there comes an Error (Wrong Key Format - which i can solve) but we can't reached the Websites of our Customer, theres only a 403 Forbidden Message.

Acutally all OpenVZ Container are running very Fine, there is no Problem, absolulty nothing.

Now im think, the Problem is, that we running CentOS and want Migrate to Debian or the User ID e.g. bin, daemon are different from the other Server (we checked this, and on CentOS the User bin has 1 and on Debian it has 2).

Technical Details:

Both Server are in the same Datacenter but different Rooms. The Proxmox Node save the VM's on our NFS Storage which are in the Same Rack as the Proxmox Node and on the same Switch and VLAN's.

OpenVZ Node:
- Linux HOSTNAME 2.6.32-042stab085.20 #1 SMP Fri Mar 21 19:07:05 MSK 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Proxmox Node:
- Linux HOSTNAME 2.6.32-28-pve #1 SMP Tue Mar 18 15:21:47 CET 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I can't find any other Errors in the Logs, so if you have any Idea which you need / want and where i can find this, let me know this. Ive already check all Logs which i know / find, but doesn't see any relevant to this Problem.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!