"migrating" VMs from dead server

dorinxev

Apr 3, 2019
I would like to ask something about a cluster and nodes. For the sake of the question, lets say that I have 3 nodes: prox1,prox2,prox3

Node prox2 is dead (powered off and cannot be turned on) and unreachable, but it still has few VMs registered on it.
Trying to migrate using the UI fails with error 595

I assume the answer would be to edit the /etc/pve/nodes and move the conf files to the a live node.

Is there another way to do it? through the UI or something? (asking for people who are lazy to learn shell :))

I would like to ask something about a cluster and nodes. For the sake of the question, lets say that I have 3 nodes: prox1,prox2,prox3

Node prox2 is dead (powered off and cannot be turned on) and unreachable, but it still has few VMs registered on it.
Trying to migrate using the UI fails with error 595

I assume the answer would be to edit the /etc/pve/nodes and move the conf files to the a live node.

Is there another way to do it? through the UI or something? (asking for people who are lazy to learn shell :))
Not quite sure, but you should see in the UI, that the powered-Off host, "hosts" the vm and you should be able to migrate it.

Prerequisite is, that the storage is shard or replicated :)

Not quite sure, but you should see in the UI, that the powered-Off host, "hosts" the vm and you should be able to migrate it.

Prerequisite is, that the storage is shard or replicated :)
Storage is shared between all hosts, but you cannot migrate any VM using the UI unfortunately (you get error 595)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!