Migrating to Proxmox

neoian1277

Jul 28, 2016
Hello

We seem to be having a problem getting some virtual machines migrated to a new proxmox installation, we are running 3 servers all clustered together with the lastest proxmox each server has 4 drives using ZFS. Creating new containers and vm works well.

The problem we have is when trying to migrate some servers that were vmdk to the new machine, we have converted them to raw as per the steps no the issue is linking that raw file to the vm. Checking the steps online most would say replace the file in /var/lib/vz/data/images/ and i can see the file in the gui under storage local however all the vm use another path to the files which is local-zfs. Even adding a new disk the only option i have is local-zfs. How can i replace the file it is using currently with the converted raw file or how can i access the directory? Thanks in advance

on zfs the vm images are zvols (for kvm vms)/subvols (for containers) instead of file based local storage

you can temporarily enable the 'images' content for your local storage under
datacenter->storage->local->content

then you can move your disks via 'move disk' of every vm to the local-zfs storage

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!