Migrating error vcpu

Savex

Jun 13, 2024

I have the following error migrating a machine from esxi how can I bypass “TASK ERROR - MAX 2 vcpus allowed per VM on this node”. I currently use a server with 32 cpu free to run virtual machines.​

I think you have a very old ESXi version, back then there was a limit of 2vCPUs per VM on the ESXi
What exactly are you doing when you get the message?

You are probably using the Import Wizard.
Maybe you can give us some information about the VM configuration you want to move.

I am using the release of veeam community edition 12.2 I am testing it but the error persists in proxmox the machine is an esxi with 16gb of ram and 1cpu with 8vcore. I will tell you that I tried to redo an incremental backup by reducing the esxi machine to a minimum with 1gb of ram and 1vcore and it managed to convert it right now, once in proxmox I put its requirements back and it started :)

I am using the release of veeam community edition 12.2 I am testing it but the error persists in proxmox the machine is an esxi with 16gb of ram and 1cpu with 8vcore. I will tell you that I tried to redo an incremental backup by reducing the esxi machine to a minimum with 1gb of ram and 1vcore and it managed to convert it right now, once in proxmox I put its requirements back and it started :)
Hi,how is your testing going? How is the migration feature of Veeam performing?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!