Migrate a vm backup from a PBS to another

f.cuseo

Renowned Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hello.
I have two pve clusters each with his own backup server.
I have moved some vms from one cluster to the other, and I would like to move the vm backups too, so I will have all my retention. I have searched but not found anything like "vm backup export" and "vm backups import".
Is this possibile ? Thanks, Fabrizio

Yes, sync jobs are one of the solutions, but for one time transfers I think that is better a simple command like "pbs backup transfer vmgroup destinationserver".
Namespaces are great, but I don't know which vm I will transfer a day.... so grouping them is not possibile.

I guess I didn't understand your question well enough.
Are you looking for something like PVE-zsync?

With the Proxmox VE ZFS replication manager (pve-zsync) you can synchronize your virtual machine (virtual disks and VM configuration) or directory stored on ZFS between two servers. By synchronizing, you have a full copy of your virtual machine on the second host and you can start your virtual machines on the second server (in case of data loss on the first server).

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/PVE-zsync

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!