Metric Server - InfluxDB: Cluster one node missing

antonionardella

Nov 15, 2023
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help with a strange issue I'm facing with the Metric Server configuration. I'm using the Metric Server to collect data from two separate Proxmox clusters to influxdb

On one cluster, I can see all five nodes reporting data to the external Metric Server perfectly. However, on the other cluster, which only has three nodes, only two nodes are showing up. The missing node was added later to the cluster, but still several months ago, so it's not a new addition.
  • I've confirmed that the Metric Server configuration is identical on both clusters. The buckets are different and the data from all other nodes are showing.
  • The missing node is fully functional within the Proxmox cluster itself. It's online and running LXCs just like the other nodes.
Cluster 1
1714581295320.png

Cluster 1 Stats
1714581467733.png
Cluster 2
1714581171117.png

Cluster 2 stats
1714581396357.png
I'm at a loss here. Does anyone have any ideas why the third node wouldn't be sending its metrics to the external server?

Are there any specific logs or configurations on the missing node, or within Proxmox itself, that I should be checking to diagnose the issue?

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Toni

Hi!
this is indeed weird, it should work. Are there some errors in the syslog? Maybe try refreshing the influxdb ui as well . . .

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!