Merging external ceph cluster into proxmox possible?

syfy323

Nov 16, 2019
Hi!

Is it possible to merge an existing ceph cluster into a proxmox-cluster, where ceph is not configured?
I am operating a rather large, standalone cluster with mixed clients (KVM using CentOS, Fedora and Debian), that I would like to extend by using the hyper-converged approach (creating new OSDs on Proxmox nodes).

The command line utils allow to create a new cluster or being a client of an existing one but there is no import (or I did not find that).

Kind regards
Kevin

The command line utils allow to create a new cluster or being a client of an existing one but there is no import (or I did not find that).
The Proxmox VE tooling around Ceph is mainly intended for a standalone hyper-converged setup. If you want to integrate them as part of an existing Ceph cluster, you will need to use Ceph's own deployment methods. Also there will be no management through the Proxmox tools.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!