Media Pool Retention, how to calculate

May 6, 2021
Bern, Switzerland
Hello again
We're running slowly out of tapes and are unsure how the retention has to be calculated

Retention = 4 weeks
Allocation = fri, 20:00h
backup-jobs
  1. Starting with Fridays, full backup (needs two tapes, runs until Sunday morning)
  2. Starting with Sundays until Thursday = latest only
So I think, on the fifth Friday the first set should expire? But actually, I still see this tapes with Status "full".
Or is this calculated on the date of the last use? Then it would perhaps expire this weekend.

Regards, Urs

Like to (partially) answer to myself ;)
So the tapes have expired, dunno if yesterday (Saturday) or today (Sunday), just have seen it now (on Sunday).
Under «Content» the backup is still visible, I think it will disappear as soon as one (or the first) of the now retired tapes are getting reused?

Regards, Urs

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!