[SOLVED] Max Spam Size (bytes) config option not working?

Pavel Hruška

May 1, 2018
I have configured maximum spam size option to be 262144 bytes (256kB) (default value in fact) but I still get larger e-mails scanned and they eventually end up in quarantine (or maybe blocked?). I really don't understand this behaviour. Can anybody explain me if I understand this option wrong? I thought that larger emails than the defined threshold won't be scanned by SA.

See my screenshots where ~6MB emails ended up in quarantine...

spam_1.png

spam_2.png

I have configured maximum spam size option to be 262144 bytes (256kB) (default value in fact) but I still get larger e-mails scanned and they eventually end up in quarantine (or maybe blocked?). I really don't understand this behaviour. Can anybody explain me if I understand this option wrong? I thought that larger emails than the defined threshold won't be scanned by SA.
The mails get truncated to the max spam size and that portion is scanned.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!