Mail filter, Header Translation, change of recipient E-Mails

kugler

Jun 29, 2022
We're getting E-Mails to a single E-Mail receiver. As a subset of these E-Mail we need to filter E-mails wihtin certain time frames per day. I kind of solved the this already by using When-Objects.

Now I'm trying to deviate the relevant E-Mails to a different E-Mail Address which is a public folder.

What field name do I have to use to replace the orginal recipient to the new one?

It would be very helpful to have a source with valid field names and maybe with some more examples for header translation.

Thanks in advance for any support.
br
Markus

Hi Markus,

I have a similar problem: I want to redirect emails for no longer existing recipients to a different recipient. I was able to change the “To” field by using “action object -> header attribute” (seen in the header of the NDR) but despite that the email is still being sent to the original recipient. Did you find a solution for your request?

BR
Daniel

What field name do I have to use to replace the orginal recipient to the new one?
redirection is nothing that works like that - each mail has an envelope recipient (the address provided in the SMTP-dialogue to the RCPT TO command), and this does not need to be occuring in any header.

You can use a BCC action (and potentially a Block action) to simulate a redirection - but test this in your environment (and provide logs if it does not work as expected....)

Reactions: kirschi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!