MacOS High Sierra install always states ISO is corrupted

genesis1

Feb 3, 2022
I can install catalina but for some reason I cannot install High Sierra. I've tried 3 or 4 different ISO images for High Sierra and they always keep saying they are corrupted and cant be used when i come to the install. They can't all be corrupted! Whats going wrong? Anyone else have this?

Update. Seems the web versions were missing something. I downloaded High sierra on my mac and then converted to an iso file which was larger than those online. This ran the installer successfully.

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing some info on the download process and VM settings?
I can't seem to download 10.13 on my MacMini.

Would you mind sharing some info on the download process and VM settings?
I can't seem to download 10.13 on my MacMini.
I used this: macappstores://apps.apple.com/app/macos-high-sierra/id1246284741?mt=12
that came from the 10.13 High Sierra link from this page: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683
Sometimes it's down (conveniently Apple legacy support), and sometimes you won't get the whole 5.xGB but rather a starter app that has to fetch online. There's a remedy to the one that fetches from online though. I'll try to see if I can find it again and add here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!