LXC Zigbee2mqtt, How to update USB stick passthrough reference

Franckybel

Oct 11, 2024
Hello,

I have set an LXC using zigbee2mqtt via the VE Helper-Scripts.
All is working well for tests and validation, but now I need to migrate my zigbee2mqtt instence from Raspberry to my LXC.
Easy to do via Z2M data folder copy. But not working, I see a little GAP between my conbee II key used with Raspberry and the one used for initial test integration in LXC.

Of course when I start my LXC, the conbee II from my raspberry is not identified and Z2M cannot start

Here the little difference (Digit reference) using " ls /dev/serial/by-id/ -al" command line
  • On LXC :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Oct 11 19:31 usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE3019862-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0​
  • On RaspBerry :
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 oct. 11 12:12 usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2686914-if00 -> ../../ttyACM1​

The settings of the Z2M hosted by LXC is doing reference of the serial below (working well)
serial:
port: >-
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE3019862-if00
adapter: deconz

I should need to refer to the new conBee 'DE2686914' instead of actual one 'DE3019862' but I do not know how to update the passthrough in the LXC.

Thanks in advance for your support, I'm pretty sure it's easy to do when you know ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!