LXC Usage Graphs in GUI Blank with Wrong Date/Time

wespiard

Oct 1, 2024
I swapped to a new motherboard and initially upon boot the usage graphs of the host were empty, showing 1969-12-31 (screenshot below). I followed some instructions in this post, which fixed the issue for the pve host.

However, I'm running into the same issue for all containers and VMs. I tried deleting the file for an individual lxc, e.g., rm -rf /var/lib/rrdcached/db/pve2-vm/102, and then systemctl restart rrdcached.service, to no avail. The date/time in the LXCs themselves seem accurate.

Is there a more sure-fire way to reset this usage history?

1728147476280.png

1969-12-31 19:00:00
That's cool - as unix time starts at 01. Januar 1970 :)

I really did not know that a specific timezone (don't know where you are, probably -5 hours) could drop you below zero :)

Obviously your clock is wrong. Try something like timedatectl set-time "2024-10-05 21:19:00" and then search for chrony to setup ntp.

See https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Time_Synchronization

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!