LXC - Connection refused

Feb 21, 2023
I'm experiencing intermittent communication issues with some LXC containers. When I try to test connectivity using curl, I get the following response:

curl -vI https://192.168.1.15
* Trying 192.168.1.15:443...
* connect to 192.168.1.15 port 443 from 0.0.0.0 port 64467 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to 192.168.1.15 port 443 after 2034 ms: Couldn't connect to server
* Closing connection
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 192.168.1.15 port 443 after 2034 ms: Couldn't connect to server

After some time, the connection works again.

Is there a function in Proxmox that could be blocking suspicious communication or something similar?

After some time, the connection works again.
I have seen this behavior some times when the IP address was used twice - at the same time.

Re-verify how IP configuration is done. Perhaps you had configured one system statically and a DHCP server gives the same address to another machine - be it a VM, an LXC or a real hardware system...

I suspect something similar, as it usually happens when new VMs are created. It's stable now—fingers crossed it stays that way!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!