Lost Storage data after loading backup

ExtremeDude

Nov 29, 2023
I have a NAS set up via Turnkey File Server in a container. I made the mistake of trying to update Webmin via the control panel and it broke, so in my infinte wisdom I desided to load a backup that had been made the night before. I have the root disk on a local-lvm, then the main storage on a mirrored ZFS pool made in Proxmox. The back up however was on the NAS via SMB which I copied over to my local drive (minus the notes file bcause I assumed it was unnessesary), since I didn't think I would be able to load the backup while the server was running. I was able to load it fine, however I think I screwed up the Mount Points because now the data apears to be gone on the ZFS pool, all I can find is a lost+found folder that is empty. If anyone could help me or tell me what I did wrong so I don't make the same mistake again, I would appreciate it.

Here is a screenshot of my resources: https://i.imgur.com/qdSNB0Z.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!