[SOLVED] Lost EFI Disk

muekno

Dec 15, 2023
Moved the data disk from my Home Assistant to another storage on the same PVE with disk action some weeks ago.
Now by rebooting the PVE I got a Warning WARN: no efidisk configured! Using temporary efivars disk.
I look to Hardware, no EFI disk but an unused disk 0 on the same storage. Have no old enough backups and if if I can not use them in case of config changes. I thin the unused disk 0 was the the EFI disk.

tried to create a new EFI and edited, but than Home Assistant goes into a boot screen I do not know what to do. Restored from last backup everything is running fine, but there is the warning when starting. I can backup my setting and install a new HA, and restore config but with all the additions I added that would be some work. Leaving it as is, think is not so good.

What els can I do
Thanks
Regards
Rainer

Normally you should be able to simply delete the EFI disk and add a new one. You may have to remove the checkbox (depending on the guest system) for "Pre-Enroll keys".

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!