Looking to recover from network problem.

dtiKev

Apr 7, 2018
Hello again. I'm looking at https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Network_Configuration to try and figure this out but I think something is escaping me. I have one of those Qotom boxes that was on a shelf. I was tinkering maybe a year ago and didn't label the network ports. My lab network hasn't changed and when I boot the proxmox box (ver 7.x) it comes up with the message that the gui is at a proper address on my lab network. I have tried all four ports which show blinking lights but a can't seem to get connectivity on any of them.

/etc/network/interfaces has all four interfaces set to "inet manual" and the vmbr0 internal bridge net says it's using ports 1 and 2.

Is there anywhere to look to see how it know what IP it is claiming for it's management network?

Update: I was able to get outward access to the internet from the cli using the 4th network port. I was able to update the server to the latest 7.x version and rebooted. I can see that a guest vm 100 is running but I can't ssh into the claimed IP from my workstation. I still don't see where it's getting the a.b.c.162 ip address that it claims at boot up and I still can't get the gui manager to load from another machine on the network.

I do believe that the .162 IP is within the DHCP range of the network and am wondering if that could be at issue. I was going to manually configure port 4 and reboot but it's getting that IP from somewhere...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!