michabbs

May 5, 2020
I added LDAP (actually Samba AD) server to PMG. It works. I can see list of users with their email addresses. The users can log in to pmg gui.

Problem: In order to log in user MUST put their email address to the "User Name" field (and password to "Password" field). It is confusing, because the logon prompt clearly says "User name:", not "E-Mail:" or at least "User name/E-mail:".

Is it even possible to log in using normal "short" ldap credentials? (Just username, without the domain part.) How?

Is it even possible to log in using normal "short" ldap credentials? (Just username, without the domain part.) How?
no thats not possible (the backend has no way of knowing into which "realm" the user wants to login (there could be multiple))

So I suggest to change GUI prompt to "User name/E-mail:" - to make it less confusing. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!