locks and backups

alejandro.mgx

Jul 4, 2024
I have proxmox 8.2.4 and when I make backups in the evening it starts to block the virtual machines and I cannot access it nor can I ping it. I make backups in Snapshot mode since I cannot turn off the machine since I cannot have loss of service. How can I correct it?

Hi,
please share the full backup task log, VM config qm config <ID> and output of pveversion -v.

How does the CPU/network/IO load on the system look like while the job is running? Did you already try setting a bandwidth limit and/or reducing the IO workers for the backup job (can be done in the Advanced tab of the backup job) and see if that helps?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!