Live/HA migrate and DHCP

jdl

Oct 14, 2014
Hello,
I have a 3 nodes HA cluster running PVE4.1, hosted by online.net (french hosting provider).
Each node has two interface, one public and one private, and they are not in the same subnet on the public side.
The VMs running on a node have a virtual public network, totally different from the network of the physical server, but they have to be configured with a /32 netmask and use the gateway of the physical server.
This behavior is enforced by the hosting provider and i can't change it.
So when one VM migrate from one physical server to another, if this VM use a static IP configuration, the gateway does not match with the one that should be used on the second physical server, and traffic is stopped.
I'm currently trying a DHCP approach, I would like a HA-enabled VM to issue a DHCP request when it live-migrates to another node, is it possible ?
Thanks

Hi,

You could make a second bridge on all nodes with the same IP on every node (e.g. 10.10.10.1) then the VM could use that as gateway and doesn't really need to care where it is running at the moment.
I only thought it through quickly but it should work.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!