Linstor-controller does not boot anymore

danielu

Sep 6, 2024
Hi everyone:

In 2018/2019 I built a 3 node cluster, with linstor, proxmox and drbd according to this note (Proxmox 5.4, DRBD 9.0):

https://kvaps.medium.com/deploying-linstor-with-proxmox-91c746b4035d

It worked without any problems until a few days ago.
In order to upgrade the memory on the servers, I migrate the VMs from one of the nodes, including the container with the controller
All the VMs went to the designated node, except the controller that did not start again making all disk pools inaccessible

All attempts to restart the controller were useless

That's why I decided to create a new controller on a local-lvm disk

Despite having been created without problems (at least that seems to be the case), the controller sees absolutely nothing of the existing cluster (nodes, resources, etc.)

On the satellite side, they give "connection refused" when trying to execute any command

Can you give me any ideas to solve the problem that do not mean redoing everything from scratch?

Thank you very much in advance

Daniel

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!