Limit of nodes in clustes Proxmox 2.1

reloaded

Aug 25, 2009
Hi all.

I have a group of server virtualization, and I wonder if Proxmox 2.x can get to work withmore than 50 nodes in its cluster.

If not possible, I wonder if the team plans to Proxmox expand the capacity of nodes percluster.

Thank you very much and very good work

We currently support max 16 nodes. If you have more nodes, you may need to manually optimize the corosync protocol (totem) timeout values. But more than 50 nodes is really a big cluster, maybe better to split into smaller units.

dietmar, awhile back you mentioned here that the plan was to allow the GUI to manage more than one cluster.
This would be a perfect solution to such limitations.

Besides, if I had 50 nodes I would not want them all in one cluster, what if something goes wrong with the cluster now you have 50 machines you can not manage.....
But if I had 5 clusters of 10 machines each and could still manage them all from one GUI, that would be awesome.
I think this is also a good solution for people who have servers in multiple datacenters.

So is this still the plan long term?
Should I submit an enhancement request to bugzilla?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!