Let me delete the stuff I decide to delete!

AngryAdm

Sep 5, 2020
VM102 USED to beplaced on ceph. I moved the disk away without ticking the "delete source" Now I want to delete this, I do not want to fight with silly popups telling me completely irrelevant stuff...

So, here is the wierd workaround I have to do?
1. Shutdown vm102
2. copy the 102.cfg file someplace else
3. delete the files on ceph
4.copy stuff back
5. start vm 102
6. ponder why this process has to be so anoying and what the developers logic behind the decision of this behaviour is.

1633675526387.png

I would rather go to the VM in the GUI (GUI->Datacenter->Node (where VM 102 is currently hosted) -> VM 102-> Hardware ) and delete the unused0 disk there.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Moayad
I would rather go to the VM in the GUI (GUI->Datacenter->Node (where VM 102 is currently hosted) -> VM 102-> Hardware ) and delete the unused0 disk there.

I hope this helps!

The disks are not listed as unsused under vm 102. They were not present in the config files at all.

My workaround solved the issue.

After moving a disk in the GUI (or on the CLI using `qm`) without checking the 'delete source' option the disk is left as unused0 in the config of the VM

So this sounds odd - how did you move the disk?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!