Keys and Certificates messed up

n7qnm

Jan 4, 2024
Prosser, WA, USA
www.n7qnm.net
So - I was working with a 3rd party tool trying to connect to and monitor my PVE physical servers. The 3rd party tool had issues with the SSH Key Algorithms, so I changed the HostkeyAlgorithms parameter in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. After doing so, I can no longer connect from one node to another using the web interface. When I try, I get the invalid PVE ticket error. Ceph is also not seeing ANY nodes.

After updating that parameter in ALL of the nodes, I can ssh between them from the command line, but the web interface still won't work, and the VMs and containers on all the nodes are showing as down.

I can connect to each node by starting a separate browser, but not between nodes.

I suspect that something in /etc/pve (which is apparently still being kept in sync) needs to be updated; but I have no idea what.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I'd really rather not rebuild from scratch and recovering all the work I've done would be difficult.

Hello n7qnm!

Have you already found a solution to your problem? If not, it would be helpful to know how you changed the HostKeyAlgorithms on your nodes, as if the settings is too exclusive it could restrict the nodes from sshing into each other and therefore the WebGUI shows the other nodes unavailable from one another.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!