Kernel 6.8 and dell r940 network interfaces

czechsys

Renowned Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hi,

we have some dells currently on 7.4 in production and none spare for testing, so i am unable to check if PVE8.2 with "Broadcom problematic" kernel 6.8 will have problem with network interfaces.

firmware:
Code:
Broadcom BCM57412 10G SFP Dual Port PCIE adapter -> 20.06.05.11 (available 22.92.06.10)
Broadcom BCM57412/BCM5720 10G SFP/1G BT Quad Port rNDC -> 20.06.05.11 (available 22.92.06.10)
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Network Adapter (NX1) - UPDATE  -> now 20.6.52 (available 22.91.5)

I don't like Broadcom and i have feeling, that without firmware update we will lost network. But anyway, anybody knows better if it will works without update, or works after update, or still needed some magic firmware woodoo directly in PVE?

Thanks.

Hi,
It seems that the problem with Broadcom chipset has been fixed in the last kernel 6-8.8
No actions required to overcome the problem for our server Supermicro.
I'm not sure about Dell but in out case the problem has been fixed

Regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!