keep loading on host disk page.

Miguel Lap

Mar 25, 2019
My PVE host was down due to the pve-root full. when I resized the volume the host was up but all settings are gone. So I re-installed the host, everything seems working fine except the disk page keep loading forever.
Screenshot 2022-05-23 044443.png

Screenshot 2022-05-23 122433.png
I have reinstalled the host for couple times but still failed. I can reach all of my disks in console. have no idea what's going on..

I'm new for PVE and have no idea where to begin the troubleshoot. appreciated if any suggestion. thank you.

Last edited:
Hey,

are errors shown in the JS console? And could you open https://<PVE-IP>:8006/api2/json/nodes/nana/disks/list?include-partitions=1, does it work? Also, can you take a look at journalctl during the time you tried to open the disks page(journalctl -f while opening it) and check if any errors and/or warnings show up?

Hey,

are errors shown in the JS console? And could you open https://<PVE-IP>:8006/api2/json/nodes/nana/disks/list?include-partitions=1, does it work? Also, can you take a look at journalctl during the time you tried to open the disks page(journalctl -f while opening it) and check if any errors and/or warnings show up?
1653295510433.png

I tried use jouralctl -f when open the disk page. but no new log show up.

Hi, I have the same problem with a fresh install, the api respond with th json:

{"data": null}

but the disk page is stuck on loading and in comunication failure.

Miguel, do you find a solution?

EDIT:
The problem was a usb-sata with problems, changed and worked normally

Last edited:
Hi, I have the same problem with a fresh install, the api respond with th json:

{"data": null}

but the disk page is stuck on loading and in comunication failure.

Miguel, do you find a solution?

EDIT:
The problem was a usb-sata with problems, changed and worked normally
Same symptom here, still no luck for the solution. I dont have USB sata attached to the server. Thanks for the tips anyway.

Just wanted to add something I came across when I had this problem. I once started to fiddle with the ceph pools. I had created a ceph pool that wasn't setup properly and that was just lying around empty and unused and without any assigned storage. When I clicked on this empty ceph pool and clicked on ISO images, CT Templates or so, Proxmox got stuck in this loading screen stated above. Once it was stuck, it also stopped working on my regular lvm storage when I clicked on ISO images, CT Templates and so on there. Once I deleted this unused ceph pool and I rebooted, everything worked fine again and I couldn't get into this state any more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!