Issue with whitelisting emails blocked by DNSBL sites

logicheart

Jun 2, 2021
Hello

I have PMG latest version and I cannot whitelist an email account which is blocked by spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net.

I have tried all options like "Mail Proxy" -> "Whitelist" and whitelisted sender's IP address, mail server hostname, email account and dns and also did the same to "Who Objects" -> "Whitelist".

Nothing worked and email was blocked.

I removed "spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net" from the list of sites and the email came throught alright.

As you understanbd this is not a solution because we must be able to bypass DNSBL sites and also this used to work alright and without any issues before. Somewhere along the way stopped working.

Can you please advise us on the issue?

Best regards

For DNSBL blocks you need to allow the IP in the Mail Proxy whitelist - this does work.
If it does not in your use-case please verify the addresses - and share the logs of such a block.

Hello and thank you for the reply.

I have allowed the IP address of the mail server in "Mail Proxy" -> "Whitelist" as shown in attached image but it is still blocking the email from coming.

Below is the log from the blocked attempt:

2024-05-28T13:46:46.971356+03:00 *****Srv06 postfix/postscreen[19644]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from [213.171.216.45]:37572: 550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [213.171.216.45] blocked using spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net; from=<********@********.co.uk>, to=<********@********.gr>, proto=ESMTP, helo=<******.*******.co.uk>

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 4

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!