[SOLVED] issue with proxmox pve-zync

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
Recently trying to have 2 hosts to copy thought pve-zync i checked the keys seem to be fine so not sure if i need to delete the key?

Code:
root@prometheus4:~# pve-zsync create --source 109 --dest 192.168.0.0.5:vmdata --  verbose --maxsnap 3 --name backupares
COMMAND:
        ssh-copy-id -i /root/.ssh/id_rsa.pub root@192.168.0.0.5
GET ERROR:
        /usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: Source of key(s) to be installed: "/root/.ss                                                            h/id_rsa.pub"
/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: INFO: attempting to log in with the new key(s), to filter                                                             out any that are already installed

/usr/bin/ssh-copy-id: ERROR: ssh: Could not resolve hostname 192.168.0.0.5: Name                                                             or service not known

good god...i really need a vacation, was like 1 hour doing the same thing, but on because the servers are in a cluster i tried to replicate now i get this :(

Code:
2019-10-15 22:37:09 108-0: end replication job with error: hostname lookup 'prometheus4' failed - failed to get address info for: prometheus4: Name or service not known

Is 'prometheus4' a FQDN? As the error indicates, it can't find the domain name, you might want to try IP instead. If 'prometheus4' is correct, depending on you DNS setup, add A record for it or you could fallback to /etc/hosts on the machine you are replicating from.

thanks for the reply, yeah correct whats odd is that prometheus4 is inside of the cluster so not sure how it worked to connect to the cluster if it cannot find prometheus4, but i just did instead pve-zync thanks again

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!