Issue with LXC and NFS mounts (or I suspect its a NFS mount problem)

B1G_WH1T3

Jul 12, 2024
Hi all

been using PVE for a while now, but only lately started to get an issue with NFS shares or I think it is NFS shares causing the problem.

conf file of LXC

arch: amd64
cores: 4
features: mount=nfs;cifs,nesting=1
hostname: Tautulli
memory: 6144
nameserver: 10.0.0.200
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,firewall=1,gw=10.0.0.2,hwaddr=BC:24:11:79:D2:7A,ip=10.0.0.123/24,type=veth
onboot: 0
ostype: ubuntu
rootfs: Fastboi:203/vm-203-disk-0.raw,size=40G
startup: order=6,up=5
swap: 6144

using fstab to mount 3 nfs mount points hosted on a OMV instance VM, which has a passthrough for a Sata card and a Dell perc controller.

now I can't 100% pinpoint the problem but when I want to reboot a LXC which has a NFS mount point it just hangs and never stops,reboots or force via cli. I have not found when the exact trigger is, sometimes it takes 2 days other times I've been running for over a month without issues.

in the end, I have to do a foul method of finding the pid killing it then rebooting the PVE host and then only will the lxc come back online again.

am I being very dumb with the method I'm doing the mount points ?

anything else I can provide that might lead to finding the issue?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!