Issue with Influxdb Plugin

Jacob_Brokloff

Apr 15, 2024
I have a LXC container running ubuntu server 22.04. I have influxdb running on a docker container that i built using docker compose.

I'm trying to connect the plugin from the proxmox metric server to influxdb, but i'm getting this error on repeat "jbit pvestatd[1485]: metrics send error 'Monitoring': 404 Not Found"

I've attached the metric server config, screenshot of some of the info influxdb is getting, and the syslogs.

It's weird the influxdb is getting some info, but it's not the primary metrics that are advertised for the plugin. Since is a 404 Not Found error, could this be a networking issue in the VE? Everything in this part of my LAN is in the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

Attachments

• Influxdb.png
    Influxdb.png
    280.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Metric Server.png
    Metric Server.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Syslog.png
    Syslog.png
    238 KB · Views: 5
mhmm, could you check the influxdb container for logs? i'm interested in what path/url the metrics code tries to connect to, and maybe that's wrong?

also for testing, could you try if a bucket name without spaces works? (i'm thinking maybe the space is not properly encoded when building the url)

Tried the bucket without spaces, but did not work.

I installed portainer to pull the influxdb logs. Attached it to this message. Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Attachments

• _Monitor-InfluxDB_logs.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!