Issue with Emulated CDROM and io_uring

Oct 11, 2024
Hello, all.

I’m currently running a Proxmox host and, for security reasons, I have disabled io_uring. However, I’m facing an issue with a VM with emulated CDROM configured to load an ISO installation media from local. When I attempt to start the VM, I receive the error: "Unable to use io_uring: failed to init linux io_uring."

The hard disk setting for the VM is configured as aio=threads. When I disable the CDROM, the VM starts normally.

My question is: Is it necessary to enable io_uring to use the emulated CDROM for installation ISO? If so, are there any recommended workarounds to proceed with the installation without enabling io_uring?

Thank you very much for assistance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!